Case Management by a Nurse
Case Management from a Nurse ensures the professional services you need…at no additional cost!
When looking for a home care provider, you want someone who will exceed your expectations, who will go beyond just the standard set of services they provide. At Retire-At-Home West Island Montreal, we do just that.
Our care management plan is designed to serve our clients with the comfort and safety that is so important to home care. Our care management program is managed by an experienced nurse care manager, and has been approved by Accreditation Canada, which assures that our team’s expertise meets the Canadian national standards.
Our care management programs come with the purchase of our regular services at Retire-At-Home. Our nurse care managers will sit down with you to carefully create and customize a plan that meets all of your needs and preferences. Then, as your care progresses, our nurses will confer with you regularly, to ensure the highest level of care is being upheld at all times.
At Retire-At-Home in West Island Montreal, we are dedicated to making sure you are safe and happy in your home care – no matter what.
Our Care Management program in West Island includes:
- An in-home assessment with one of our nurse care managers, so that they may fully understand your needs, preferences, and your home environment.
- A customized care plan that addresses your needs, preferences, and budget.
- Regular supervisory visits to check on your safety and satisfaction.
- Regular monitoring for any issues or changes that may cause harm.
- Alterations to your care plan when needs or requirements change.
- Advocacy services to help you navigate the healthcare system and receive the best care available.
- Ongoing communication with other healthcare professionals, as requested, to ensure the proper management of your care.
- The acquisition and delivery of medical supplies and equipment, which takes the burden of managing these resources off you and your family.
- Coordination with other required services for your home or healthcare needs.
- Open communication with your family, as requested, to ensure peace of mind.
- 24-hour on-call support for emergency care and/or questions about the service.